Smart Car

Dedicated to unrelated topics...

Smart Car

Postby Sanbient » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:25 pm

Passion Coupe SMARTCAR Raffle

Tickets are $100 each for a chance to win the Passion Coupe SMARTCAR (additional tickets sold as discounted rate -- will be on site soon)

No more than 750 raffle tickets will be sold.

Drawing will take place Sunday, December 14, 2008.

:arrow: https://secure.fpraz.org/product_info?c_product_id=2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you know anyone interested in a chance to win this car, please feel free to pass along that website. Hoping we will sell all the tickets.

Michael
gplus.to/sanbient
twitter.com/sanbient
facebook.com/sanbient
Sanbient

Postby Carey934 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:20 am

If the tickets were $10 a piece, the number of raffle tickets being sold would make more sense...
Carey934

Postby Sanbient » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:02 am

Carey934 wrote:If the tickets were $10 a piece, the number of raffle tickets being sold would make more sense...

Really? You think we should only make $7,500 dollars from this? When the car cost around $15,000? Wow...

Michael

Edit: Because you probably need it..
http://www.steamboatmuseum.org/08smartcarraf/ double amount sold/half price

http://www.slocasa.org/main.asp?id=22 same price/1,000 sold

I'm sure you can do your own google search by now. Or maybe the problem is that your math skills just suck. Either way...we're obviously not out of line putting those limits on.
gplus.to/sanbient
twitter.com/sanbient
facebook.com/sanbient
Sanbient

Postby Carey934 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:10 am

Sanbient wrote:
Carey934 wrote:If the tickets were $10 a piece, the number of raffle tickets being sold would make more sense...

Really? You think we should only make $7,500 dollars from this? When the car cost around $15,000? Wow...

Michael

Edit: Because you probably need it..
http://www.steamboatmuseum.org/08smartcarraf/ double amount sold/half price

http://www.slocasa.org/main.asp?id=22 same price/1,000 sold

I'm sure you can do your own google search by now. Or maybe the problem is that your math skills just suck. Either way...we're obviously not out of line putting those limits on.

My example was an extreme opposite to make my point (ie, $7,500 vs. $75,000) I wasn't aware I needed to explain it...clearly I do.

This cars value is around $15,000, so in a typical raffle, the car is donated and the raffle's generally sell enough tickets to cover the value of the prizes x 2 or sometimes x 3, or in this case, somewhere between $30k-$50k.

If this is the only prize awarded, I'd say as far as raffles go, the odds on this one aren't very good for the risk involved.

Now, assuming this is for a charity that you wish to contribute to and/or need to use the deduction for tax purposes, the reasons for participating make more sense then trying to 'win a car.'

In your first example, 1300 is not 750 doubled (as you erronously stated while suggesting my math skills 'suck' - interesting choice of words). They would collect a maximum of $51,000. A $40 raffle ticket or 3 for $100 is not as great a risk. The odds of winning are better (for the same money spent) and the cost to entry is less.

If I were you, I would have only submitted your second example, they put a maximum of 1,000 tickets, or $100,000. Worse odds then your raffle with the same cost to enter. However, they are putting the funds to use for taking care of abused and neglected children.

You do know that I am a nationally syndicated radio show co-host, right? I still make appearances on public radio when I am invited to be interviewed. And this raffle is for promoting public radio, is it not?

Also, diplomacy can go a long way when expressing an opinion. There's never any need to make it personal. I didn't.
Carey934

Postby Sanbient » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:44 am

Riiiiight...Clearly you didn't read. (Big surprise) As I pointed out. The pricing is comparable to all other raffles out there. Because unlike you, some of the staff actually looked at other smart car raffles out there.

You also did not read the part about ticket prices changing as more were bought in the additional information link. (Again, big surprise)

Another factor is our past car raffles. Even when we raffled off a MINI Cooper, all tickets were not sold. Not sure if you know this but our station isn't that big.

All of this was taken into account when deciding how many tickets we should sell.

As for the rest of your bs...Please. You see someone trying to sell raffle tickets for a non-profit and instead of saying good luck, you piss and moan (as usual) about something you don't like? Oh yeah, diplomacy is your middle name.

I think it's truly sad that nearly every encounter I have with you, be it online or in person, consists of you complaining about something.

Michael
gplus.to/sanbient
twitter.com/sanbient
facebook.com/sanbient
Sanbient

Postby Carey934 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:11 am

Sanbient wrote:I think it's truly sad that nearly every encounter I have with you, be it online or in person, consists of you complaining about something.

Michael

I think its sad, too.

Finally, something we can agree on.
Carey934

Return to Miscellaneous