Coops & Bikes - Food Bank Benefit Run - Sat Nov 22

Discuss upcoming and old DMC events

Postby Luckiee's Son » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:30 pm

Incase you haven't heard, there was a sad car crash in Mesa at about 6:30am last Saturday. A car with a brother and sister in it were headed to the Gilbert Marching Band Festival. On their way there, a drunk driver hit the car dead-on. This man was also an illegal immigrant. It was broadcasted on the news a couple times that weekend. The older brother driving the car was sent to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and the Highland High School student named Kelly Tracy (16) was sent to the hospital for cases of severe head trauma. Later that night her life ended.

When I got to school the next day, my band teacher told us that one of our students, Michael Tracy, was not here because his sister had died in a car accident. Michael is in 3 of my classes, and one of my good friends. All three of my classes are making cards for him. This Saturday, (the day of the Coops and Bikes run) the DRJHS Band is hosting a car wash at the Valero Gas Station on the SW corner of Guadalupe and Ellsworth. They are accepting all donations to help the Tracy's with medical and funeral costs. I know that we can't make it to this on account of the Fun Run, but I am going to be taking ANY donations large or small to help out the Tracy family. So, if any of you would like to chip in, that'd be great.

Thank you all, you guys are great. :)

Here is all of the information about the proceeds: http://www.phoenixrealestateguy.com/kel ... ation/1491
Luckiee's Son

Postby danjmcs » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:03 am

Horrible story Tate, but a really great way to help out the family and remember a friend.

There is donation information on that link you posted above, thanks for sharing.
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby Luckiee's Son » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:15 am

Yeah, you can do it either way. Donate online or give it to me to pass on to my teacher so that I can tell her that you guys donated. :)
Luckiee's Son

Hey Sweet Sally and I will be there Sat. morning !

Postby 1fatcat » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:40 am

We are looking forward for a nice little drive up north , we shall see you all in the AM !!! ..... :wink:
Fred & Sally
Always drive safe and stay cool , I hear that it might get a little warm today !
1fatcat

Postby danjmcs » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:03 am

Thanks to everyone that made it out! What an absolutely perfect day it was, all for a good cause to! I think final Mini count was 12 or 13?

Can't wait to see all the photos!
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby on2wheels » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:24 am

Thanks everyone! What a great day! This is the most fun I've had since, well, maybe ever. Here's a few of my photos.

See them all here.
on2wheels
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby OPC » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:53 am

Excellent photos, Rick. A great time indeed.
Jos
OPC

Postby danjmcs » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:55 am

Great shots!

Oh, and to carry on our recent tradition, the DMC CLEANED UP at the raffle afterward at Cycle Gear!
Dan
danjmcs
Advisory Board Member
Advisory Board Member

Postby azminiman » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:16 pm

Great picts rick!! gald you had a great time on your first run with us.. 3 clublmans on a run is a first!! This was a great time! what fantastic weather..
[b]Former DMC founding member, 1st new MINI owner in AZ, 10 time AMVIV, 3 time MITM, 3 time MTTS, 2 time MINI United England-France. Visitor to 80 MINI dealers in US, 10 Canadian, and 6 European countries.[/b]
azminiman
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Nemo » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:20 pm

From Jan:
I would like to personnaly like to Thank ALL that particpated and for coming!!! I am so excited, because we helped the food banks (with out us this event would have been a flop) and proved once again how great the DMC is!!!
I ride alot with other bike friends but you guys are actually more fun. I found out my bike will do 100 down hill in a tail wind. Watch out Dan when I get my new Victory.
Dan obviously was able to blow out the cobb webs on his bike & left some minis scratching their heads...what was that blue streak???
Again thanks for coming out and making this a wonderful event!!
Nemo
Nemo
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Luckiee's Son » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:30 pm

We had SO much fun on this run! Thank you SO much Jan for inviting us on a very "Fun" Run! :) There wasn't going to be another run for the DRP for the rest of the month, so I was really wanting to go on one soon!

P.S. Thanks Jose for letting me ride with you after my own mother kicked me out of the MINI... :) Also, thank you SO much Tony for taking me all the way to my front door, that was really fun! Thanks again! :D

Pictures are coming soon... :)
Luckiee's Son

Postby wearlaz » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:02 pm

GREAT Photos! I've taken my MINI on 89 up to Jerome a few times now, but never with a group and it's SO MUCH more fun! Can't wait to do it again. Thanks to everyone for the time and effort it takes to organize it all!

William
Last edited by wearlaz on Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
wearlaz

Postby Louie B. » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:05 am

Has anyone went to get their free body peircing that they won in the raffle yet? :shock: :lol:
"I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work"
Louie B.
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby azminiman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:26 am

Louie B. wrote:Has anyone went to get their free body peircing that they won in the raffle yet? :shock: :lol:

T did,, but Ill have to tell you offline where :shock: 8) :roll: :lol:
[b]Former DMC founding member, 1st new MINI owner in AZ, 10 time AMVIV, 3 time MITM, 3 time MTTS, 2 time MINI United England-France. Visitor to 80 MINI dealers in US, 10 Canadian, and 6 European countries.[/b]
azminiman
DMC Member
DMC Member

Postby Hovard » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:39 am

I had a great time as well. Every time I go on a run like this with you guys, it reminds me I work too much.

BTW, any news from Johnny about his discussion with the Sherriff? I feel bad for my fellow DS.
:x

Thanks to everybody for a great run. We need more of these, especially during the winter months.

Tony
Hovard

PreviousNext

Return to Club Events