Ohh yeah SafeWay gas screwed up

Dedicated to unrelated topics...

Ohh yeah SafeWay gas screwed up

Postby pepegrande008 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:17 am

They took $1.10 off each gallon this morn instead of the usual $.10. God i love paying $32 to fill up my car. If anyone else in Tucson wants to try its the one on broadway and campbell and its the very SW corner pump.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah... I Ate a big red candle
pepegrande008

Postby MCS08 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:02 am

I don't want to burst your bubble but the $1.10 per gallon was part of Safeway's promo. I think everytime you spent $50 or more you earned 10 cents off. You just earned the $1.10 off over time. Tuesday is also the last day for that too. Sorry.

MINI North Scottsdale also told be to stear clear of discount gasoline retailers like Safeway, Costco, etc. I was getting crappy mpg. I swiched to QT and there was much improvement. But if Safeway works for you then more power to ya'! Happy motoring.
"If you love someone, let them go. If they come back, set them on fire." -George Carlin
MCS08

Postby 66Cooper » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:19 am

My promotional amount off was 70 cents, I used that in my Yukon for 27 gallons of gas....nice savings there.

As far as the gas goes, Costco has said to be an issue on poor additives, and not recommended by at least a couple of local mechanics I know.

Safeway, at least in Tucson, gets it gas from the local Shell distribution center (Tank Farm) and Shell gas is listed as a Top Tier Gasoline. I don't know about all of Safeways gas suppliers, only the one that is at Campbell and Broadway in Tucson.
Barney
Associate Broker Lauer Realty Tucson AZ
Buying or Selling Real Estate in Southern Arizona? Contact me.
BRG/W Classic Mini, 1275, 12" SAXONs
'04 EB S, B&B exh., 15% pulley, K&N Typhoon, M7 STB
66Cooper
DMC Treasurer
DMC Treasurer

Postby pepegrande008 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:19 pm

yeah ive had no problems with the Safeway gas. I get what your saying but its wierd that it was 1.10 cause i got gas the week before and didnt shop at safeway the week that i got the big discount?
Yeah... I Ate a big red candle
pepegrande008

Postby YELLOWMINIAZ » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:25 am

At least you all can get gas.... :roll:
YELLOWMINIAZ

Return to Miscellaneous